Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Harry Potter Role Playing game based in the Marauder's time line.

I forgot my password

OOC News

New Page 1

8/16/11

Wow! We have been up and moving again! And I have to admit it is great to be back, I am so happy to see most of our players back. We have missed everyone! I would like to say thank you to our fearless leader on behalf of good old Voldemort for winning Character of the Month. It means a lot to me to know that he is loved, because I do so love playing him! And congrats to Rogue for winning Player of the Month, keeping active, and working hard to keep your characters true to form! And of course, congrats to everyone for making MMM a screaming success again.

For everyone's knowledge, it seems that the young lady playing Andromida and Rudulphus has dropped out on us... which is sad, but seeing as she has not posted since our return, I feel it only fair to put the two characters back up for grabs!

Keep up the good work everyone!

E~

7/28/11

If all goes according to plan, we would like to get started again Friday July 29th. I know this is short notice, I have been unable to sit down and update the site. :D. I have heard that just about everyone is coming back, I have not yet heard from Ren or Rogue, but I hope to see them!!!! See you all then!

E~

7/20/11

We are hoping to be reopening soon. Sometime in the next few weeks. so anyone that is interested in returning to us should keep checking the site for activity, or watch this box and I will announce when we are up and active

Thanks everyone for their patience!

~E

Latest topics

» Bringing Sexy Back
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am by Hikaru Katsumi

» After Class Work
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 am by Dmitrious Craft

» Taking James and Alice for Ice-Cream
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 am by Severus Snape

» The right encouragement.
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm by Narcissa Black

» A gift and a concern...
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm by Lord Voldemort

» New Board Delays
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm by Lord Voldemort

» Seems like it's always me...lol
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm by Lily Evans

» I want to kill something (Auroras?)
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Alicia Lynn Crowe

» A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)
Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm by James Potter

Chatbox

Top posting users this week

No user

Top posting users this month

No user

Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011 Empty Rules - Updated June 1st, 2011

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 pm

General Role-Playing Rules:

1) No God-Molding or Powerplaying
    What is God Modding or God-Molding:The term applies to "Godly-modification" or "Godlike-modification" to a character, through skills such as evasion and the like, as well as the character's personality which usually consists of a superior "I know all, see all, and am all", et cetera. The singlemost annoying and obnoxious gamers on the planet. Tend to act like 7 year olds when they don't get their way during games of pretend, i.e. - Bang, you're dead! Yeah huh, I killed you and you can't play anymore!

Godmodding Example: Bill not only managed to magically know the secret base's true location, but also passed all of the armed guards by hopping from tree to tree like a natural-born monkey, and managing to rewire the electric locks which were state-of-the-art using a paperclip and a piece of fuzz from his pocket. Once inside, Bill used his deadly and artful bare hands (along with a combination of poison that he had learned in one week to brew in his toilet) to take down 38 of the guards and dogs, inside. That done, it was a mere task of busting through fifty-eight doors and cart wheeling gracefully through the laser beams, before waltzing into the innermost vault and plucking up the plans for complete world domination.
    What is Power-Playing:
    In a roleplay, controlling other people's characters. This is very looked down open and is against most rp rules.
    Power-playing Example)Kim broke Sashas jaw when she punched her.

The Correct version would be to say:
    “Kim swung at Sasha intent on hitting her.” It would be up to Sasha’s player to determine if she was hit and the extent of the damanage. That said - Sasha’s mun also needs to be realistic. If Kim caught her off guard, or is better than her - don’t dodge. Or atleast not all of it. Be careful of God-Molding *(see above)

2) Turns and Posting Rotations.

When there are more than two people in a thread, keep a rotation. If you jump other people you are not giving them the chance to respond.

Example of Turns and Rotation:
    CORRECT:
    Sasha - Post
    Kelly - Post
    Erin - Post
    Sasha - Post
    Kelly - Post
    Erin - Post

INCORRECT:
    Sasha - Post
    Kelly - Post
    Erin - Post
    Kelly - Post
    Erin - Post
    Kelly - Post
    Erin - Post
    Sasha -Post

(Sasha was not given the chance to properly interact in the situation)

Private threads:
    If you want to have a conversation with just one other Character that is fine, just make sure you mark it Private in the subject.
    Example of Private Threads: Kay and Jo (Private)

Adult Content in play:
    This is an advanced - Mature - Harry Potter Role Playing game. There is a strong possibility of Drug Use, Sexual situations and Sexual Play. This came is not meant for Children. However if you chose to have a sex scene and not FTB (Fade to Black) then please mark the subject “Adult” For those not wanting to read the situation.

Example of Adult Content: Kay and Jo (ADULT) or Kay and Jo (ADULT PRIVATE) if your don’t want anyone walking in.

Character Count:
    You can play as many Characters as you can consistently keep active. You will need a different E-mail for each Character as your User Name should be their name.

Activity:
    If you do not post with in 1 week with out stating on the abcense board or letting an Admin know prior, then you will have your characters deleted. This is a very active and fast moving game, we understand that life happens and sometimes you have to go away. We will work with you on that but with out notice we will simply conclude you have chosen to quit the game and your Characters will be up for grabs.

Important Cannon Characters:
    If you play one of the main Characters such as:
    James, Remus,Sirius, Lily,Peter, Dumbledore,Voldemort, Severus, etc.

Please post atleast 2 times a day as the plot is focused around your characters and we will require your activity to move things along. We understand if you can’t post every single day but we expect high activity levels from these center characters.

Creating an Original Character:
    You have decided to create an orginal character - WONDERFUL! No role play will survive if we are limited to Cannons. Here are some things to think about when designing your new Character

Student Nationality:
    1) If they are a student - they will attend Hogwarts which is located somewhere in Scotland and receives students from England, Scotland and Ireland. There are schools that we know of in American, France and Russia, it only goes to logic that there are likely also wizarding schools in Asia, Africa and South America. Children of these Nationalities will attend schools in their native country, not Hogwarts.

Understand - That does not mean you have to be a Caucasian Irishman to attend. Think of Cho Chang for example, She is physically Chinese and even retains her surname. But she and her family have lived in Ireland for generations, so she will attend Hogwarts. Had she been born in China than she would attend school in Asia.

It isn’t Race - It’s nationality.

If - You have a student you wish to transfer from another country you must have a solid reason as to why they would attend school here and they must be approved by the administration.

What house would your student belong in:

2) You will fill out the survey when you apply and the sorting hat will place you into the house it feels you belong. Not everyone will be in Gryffindor or Slytherin - That’s ok. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are just as important!

What can I play?

3) Right now we are only accepting Wizards and Witches. If you are playing an adult outside the school, I may permit squibs. Likewise, if you are playing the parents of a muggleborn student and wish to have a house, you may play the muggle parents.

I understand everyone wants to be something different and special, but if everyone could do something amazing…it wouldn’t be very special would it?

Here are somethings currently not allowed in game:
    Werewolves
    Vampires
    Demons
    Shapeshifters
    Chosen
    Parsel Mouths
    People who can speak to animals
    Mind Readers
    Metamorphamagis
    Animagus

Well that’s no fun! I can’t be ANYTHING - Have heart. Just because I say no now doesn’t mean forever. Each player of the month has the option to take one of the traits and apply them to one character or to create a new character with them. Some of the traits may be learned thru play. But if you a 13 year old who wants to be an animagus…it will take a while to learn it and that is only after approval from the Admin.

(Grandfather Clause) If you already have a character in play who can - you’re safe, it only applys to new characters.

If you are playing a Cannon - such a fenir Greyback who is already one of these things - that is fine. It’s cannon so I can’t and won’t change it.

General Game Play:

Where can you post:

Students: Anywhere on the Hogwarts grounds. If they are 13 or older they can travel to Hogsmead over the weekend.
    Adults: Anywhere except Hogwarts, it is highly guarded you can’t just simply - walk in.
    Professors: Pretty much anywhere.

Gaining House Points:
    How can I gain points for my house?
    Lots of ways! There is a section in the OOC with riddles and contests that you can enter all the time! You can earn them thru your interactions at school. Professors are always roaming the halls and classroom they might see you do something that earns…or removes points from your house. The classrooms all have assignments posted. You can do these assignments for a chance to earn more house points.

Home work - Do I have to?

So you’ve noticed the classrooms have assignments - No, that does not mean you HAVE to do them. They are simply there for conversation topics. However, if you choose to do them and post them in the classroom your teacher will award you points.

I have a problem - Who do I take it to?
    If you have a problem with a situation or a player you can send myself or Lord Voldemort (Eric) a private message and we will suggest the steps to take, or if it is a intense situation - then we will get involved our selves.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am